Friday, March 4, 2011

New Lambs!




As I knew this would happen, the one day we had company staying with us is the morning we found the first lambs! Five in total on Tuesday morning, a set of triplets and a set of twins! All are black so far, including the 2 that were born last night around 8pm, my husband was lucky enough to witness one of these births. We have 5 little ram lambs and 2 ewe lambs. All mama's have been perfect, which is quite lucky since the ewe who lambed last night is a brand new mom with twins were first time! We have had one little ram lamb who will need to be bottle fed, for some reason he was uninterested in nursing from his mom. Ugh. So Stella and I spent a day with him in the yarn shop, and he is at a homeschooling day with my mom and a few other families today and will be taken home by a wonderful family who will have much more time than I in the next month or two to feed and take care of him. They also have a couple sheep and he will fit in perfect! We hope this is the only problem lamb this year! Although normally I don't mind an adventure or two during lambing season, with my own due date getting ever closer I'm crossing my fingers to keep it easy this year!

Maybe tonight we will have more! I will keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment